Permanent - Full Time
Environmental Planner – Flood Protection
Do you have experience in environmental management, planning or community engagement?
Are you looking for a new challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our team with a defined role in environmental management. You will assist in carrying out our responsibilities for the major rivers and streams in the Greater Wellington Region.
Your duties will include involvement in the development and implementation of flood plain management plans and environmental strategies; you will also play a key role in consultation with the community, and support our relationships with ‘Friends of the River’ groups, scheme committees and other care groups to ensure their ongoing success.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
* An appropriate qualification in ecology, physical geography, environmental management, planning, geography or a related field
* Proven consultation experience, dealing with a wide range of people
* A good understanding of local government administration and legislation, and a working knowledge of the Resource Management Act
* Excellent oral and written communication skills at a professional and technical level
* Common sense and sound judgement and a positive “can do” attitude
* Effective at building relationships with community groups and external/internal stakeholders
For further information on the role contact Mark Hooker, Team Leader Investigation, Strategy & Planning on 04 830 4044 For other information, please contact Lea Pannu, Human Resources Coordinator on 04 830 4013
Applications close 30 March 2017